1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Secondary Trauma/Burnout/Compassion Fatigue – #2 – Why We may Experience these Reactions; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Baby Left at Hospital with No Visitors, Adopted by Nurse; 3) Compassionate Caring – Using our Heads and Hearts in Work with Troubled Children and Youth; 4) To Eliminate Racial Bias, Child Welfare Breakthrough Tells us to Try Colorblindness; 5) Born in June, Raised in April: What Adoption Can Teach the World! – A Podcast; 6) Collaborating for Successful Reentry: A Practical Guide to Support Justice-Involved Young People; 7) Local Photographer to Provide Free Portraits for Foster Teens
Permanency in the News
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Secondary Trauma/Burnout/Compassion Fatigue – #1 – What are These Concepts? 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Four Brothers Get Adopted by Two Families Close to Each Other; 3) Seven Core Issues in Adoption and Permanency: A Comprehensive Guide to Promoting Understanding and Healing in Adoption, Foster Care, Kinship Families and Third Party Reproduction; 4) New Program Helps Foster Kids ‘Launch’ Into Adulthood; 5) Healthy Relationships Between Foster Parents and Biological Parents of the Children in Care; 6) Former Foster Youth, Advocate Shares Why Normalcy is Necessary; 7) Creating Sustainable Career Pathways for Disconnected Youth;
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Find One Permanency Thing YOU Can Do Today, and Every Day; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Dreaming Big; 3) The Changing Face of Adoption in the United States; 4) Restorative Justice Gave Me the Best Day of My Life; 5) The Outdated Way We Think About Relationships in Child Welfare; 6) Permanency for Specific Populations; 7) How Adoptees Are Shaping Post-Adoption Services
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Reframing Mental Illness Diagnosis through a Trauma and Permanency Informed Lens – ADD/ADHD; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Isaiah’s Homecoming: Adoption at Age 17 Highlights the Need in Minnesota, Especially for Teens; 3) A Nurse Moved to do Something, Haunted by the Lonely Faces of Foster Children; 4) Kyle Forti: Go Love a Kid in Need and Change the World’s Perception of “Foster Dad” While You’re at it; 5) Youth Aging Out of Foster Care Need a Runway, Not a Cliff; 6) How Wendy’s Wonderful Kids is Changing Lives in Louisiana; 7) Listen to Crossover Girls Talk About Their Reality, Then Act
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Reframing Mental Illness Diagnosis through a Trauma and Permanency Informed Lens – Bipolar Disorder; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: ‘Here’s Your Baby Boy’: Firefighters Surprise Maryland Couple with Their Adopted Son; 3) Five Steps to a Stronger Child Welfare Workforce – Hiring and Retaining the Right People on the Frontline; 4) Studying Drivers of Risk and Needs Assessment Instrument Implementation in Juvenile Justice; 5) Here’s the Truth About Co-Parenting-Foster Parents and Birth Family Working Together; 6) The US Adoption System Discriminates Against Darker-Skinned Children; 7) Kids with Autism May Be at Greater Risk for Maltreatment.