1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Why Do We Force Them to Choose? – Permanency as a Both/And instead of Either/Or; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Single Dad Adopts 11-Year-Old Boy from Foster Care after Biological, Adoptive Family Abandon Him; 3) Shaquille O’Neal on Why Foster Care Is the Great Untold Story; 4) Arkansas Has Been Approved for Family First Act Funding; 5) So, You Just Found Out You Have a Child. Now What?; 6) Dear Foster Parent: Deal With Your Baggage; 7) “Aged Out Youth” Video – Still Longing for Belonging – Still Longing for Belonging.
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: 268. 2/24/20 – Do We Stop Seeking Permanency to Protect the Child from Future Loss? Part 2 of 2; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Teenage Adoption: The Family that Took in a 17-Year-Old Girl; 3) Children in Institutional Care: Delayed Development and Resilience; 4) How TV Reveals Today’s Challenges and Realities of Open Adoption; 5) Placing Foster Children with Relatives May Help Prevent Congregate Care’ 6) Research Roundup: Working with Traumatized Youth; 7) Oregon House OKs Protections for Native Americans in Foster Care
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Do We Stop Seeking Permanency to Protect the Child from Future Loss? Part 1 of 2; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Baby Girl with Down Syndrome Is Adopted by a Doting Dad After Being Rejected by 20 Families; 3) From Surviving to Thriving: Supporting Transformation, Reentry, and Connections to Employment for Young Adults; 4) The ONE THING We All Need To Know Isn’t Taught In School; 5) The Hidden Trauma of “Short Stays” in Foster Care; 6) Jerry Milner: Time to Ask Tough Questions About Child Welfare; 7) Hollywood Actress Camille Guaty Founded A Non-Profit To Benefit Foster Care Children
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Leadership in the Permanency Process – Who’s in Charge?; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Teamwork Makes the Dream Work; 3) My Grandmother’s Hands: Racialized Trauma and the Pathway to Mending Our Hearts and Bodies; 4) Finding More African American Families for Children in Care; 5) What Can I Do When My Child Needs Discipline?; 6) State Senator Would Extend California Foster Care Through Age 25; 7) April: National Child Abuse Prevention Month
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Mixed Thoughts, Feelings, and Behaviors by the Parents; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Living a Life-Long Dream; 3) Are We Ready to Support Survivors of Childhood Trauma in the Workplace?; 4) Landmark Moment as the United Nations (UN) Calls for the End of Orphanages; 5) Here’s the Truth About Foster Parents that Society is Ignoring; 6) Never Too Old for Family; 7) Foster Kids ‘Adopt’ Stuffed Animals;