1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Sources of Support #1 – We are Fine, We Have Already Been Parents; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Love Them No Matter What; 3) Study Documents the Benefits of Authentic Youth Engagement; 4) Journey to Light: A Different Way Forward – Final Report of the Restorative Inquiry – Nova Scotia Home for Colored Children; 5) Adoption Law Should Be Reformed to Give Children Legal Connections to Both of Their Families – Here’s Why; 6) The Opioid Epidemic: A Needed Focus on Adolescents and Young Adults; 7) Foster Parents of High-Need Children Need More Support;
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Listening to Understand Instead of React; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Forever Family: Mother Adopts Five Children in Foster Care; 3) We Have to Better Understand What Foster Parents Need; 4) We Must Understand Promise of Adolescent Development to Serve Youth; 5) How Vaping Nicotine Can Affect A Teenage Brain; 6) National Adoption Competency Mental Health Training Initiative (NTI) ; 7) A Child You Know is Being Bullied: How to Recognize Bullying and How to Help;
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Supporting Youth in the Employment Realm; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Couple in Their Early Twenties Adopted 5 Kids & They’re Not Done Giving Children a Home; 3) What Youth in Foster Care Want is the Same as What Others Want, a Voice; 4) Languishing in Residential Care Made Me Worse. Unconditional Love Helped Get Me Better; 5) Spotsylvania Woman Provides Foster Care to Children with Autism; 6) How Adolescent Brain Science Supports Youth Engagement in Court Hearings and Case Planning; 7) Foster Youth Need More Than Education to Build a Stable Life
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Permanency Readiness – Why are They Not Ready and Willing?; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Jen’s Adoption Search & Reunion Story; 3) Adopted Children Must Have Closer Ties to Their Birth Families; 4) Family Instability and Children’s Social Development; 5) National Academics: Adolescent Science Should Transform Systems; 6) Lessons from Mister Rogers; 7) Foster Kids: Lies and Truth
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Reframing Mental Illness Diagnosis through a Trauma and Permanency Informed Lens – Bipolar Disorder; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: ‘Here’s Your Baby Boy’: Firefighters Surprise Maryland Couple with Their Adopted Son; 3) Five Steps to a Stronger Child Welfare Workforce – Hiring and Retaining the Right People on the Frontline; 4) Studying Drivers of Risk and Needs Assessment Instrument Implementation in Juvenile Justice; 5) Here’s the Truth About Co-Parenting-Foster Parents and Birth Family Working Together; 6) The US Adoption System Discriminates Against Darker-Skinned Children; 7) Kids with Autism May Be at Greater Risk for Maltreatment.