1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Independence vs Inter-Dependence – What Should be the Goal?; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Maci Finds Permanency Through DTFA and WWK; 3) Sharon Rozia – Adoptions Lessons Learned; 4) Who Cares: A National Count of Foster Homes and Families; 5) Early Foster Care Intervention Lessens Risk for Psychopathology in Children; 6) A Family Systems Approach to Treating Intergenerational Trauma; 7) Foster Care Alumni of America – Scholarship – 2018
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Survival Skills – Thank Goodness our Youth have them!; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: The Program Connecting Foster Kids with Relatives – “James”; 3) Coming Together to Create the Child Welfare System We All Want; 4) 5 Things You Need to Survive as a Foster Parent; 5) Preparing and Supporting Foster Parents Who Adopt; 6) Disrupting School-Justice Pathways for Youth with Behavioral Health Needs; 7) Understanding Trauma-Informed Care: What Does It Look Like?
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Dealing with Adversity Over and Over Again; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: What It’s Like to Have a Mother by Lorraine; 3) What Gives Me Hope for Child Welfare; 4) How Child Abuse Primes the Brain for Future Mental Illness; 5) Pierce County: Trailblazer for Probation Transformation; 6) Happy Papas; 7) Unconditional Love Building a Stronger Sense of Self-Worth for Children and Youth in Foster Care-Guest Blog by Michelle Madrid-Branch
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: What do I Receive from the Permanency Relationship?; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Fostering Great Ideas: Celeste – A Bright Note!; 3) Collins, Casey Introduce Bipartisan Bill to Support Grandparents Raising Grandchildren as Opioid Epidemic Increases Their Numbers; 4) Foster, Adoptive Parents Find an Oasis in New Online Membership Community; 5) Complex Trauma – Never Give Up: A Video by Youth for Youth; 6) Mental Health Interventions for Children in Foster Care;
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: The Goal of Finding Joy – In Our Permanency Efforts; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Kaleb Lee’s Adoption Story: As Seen on ‘The Voice’; 3) National Foster Care Month – Resources for Tribes; 4) We Have to Stop Losing Half of Foster Parents in the First Year; 5) How Prevention Services Could Help Youth Avoid the Foster Care System; 6) Fighting for Survival: Santa Barbara County Closing Ranks on Human Trafficking; 7) Being an Emotional Tutor for a Child in Foster Care