1) Resiliency with Permanency – The Powerful Combination; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Foster Care Adoption Granted Virtually – “Laila and Aurora Clark, A Forever Family”; 3) FosterStrong Virtual Launch – May 29, 2020 – 11 am EST; 4) What Happens When You Age Out of Foster Care During a Pandemic?; 5) Young People from Foster Care Hit Hard by COVID-19, Lack Resources and Connections to Weather this Storm; 6) Breaking Down the FFPSA – The Future Effect; 7) ‘I Can’t Turn My Brain Off’: PTSD and Burnout Threaten Medical Workers
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Why Do We Force Them to Choose? – Permanency as a Both/And instead of Either/Or; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Single Dad Adopts 11-Year-Old Boy from Foster Care after Biological, Adoptive Family Abandon Him; 3) Shaquille O’Neal on Why Foster Care Is the Great Untold Story; 4) Arkansas Has Been Approved for Family First Act Funding; 5) So, You Just Found Out You Have a Child. Now What?; 6) Dear Foster Parent: Deal With Your Baggage; 7) “Aged Out Youth” Video – Still Longing for Belonging – Still Longing for Belonging.
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Connections, Relationships, Permanency, and THEN Permanent Placement (hopefully) – Part 4 – Permanency; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Couple Keeps 6 Siblings Together Through Adoption – There’s Lots of Love and Chaos’; 3) You Have to See the Reunion of These Toddler Besties Who Were Both Adopted; 4) The Promise of Adolescence; 5) Trump Administration Approves Vouchers for Housing After Foster Care; 6) Bridge – Working to Connect Barren County (KY) Families to Critical Resources, Prevent Children from Entering Foster Care System; 7) Advice on Family First from HSITAG Members
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: NO One Ever Has No One; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Child Welfare Worker Adopts Teen She has been Helping to Find a Family; 3) Addressing Trauma May Be the Key to Helping Foster Youth Succeed in the Workplace; 4) Understanding Trauma: Learning Brain vs Survival Brain; 5) Family First Act Update; 6) Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption – 100 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces; 7) How Direct Work that Empowers Families is Delivering Big Benefits for Social Workers in this Council
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Survival Skills – Thank Goodness our Youth have them!; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: The Program Connecting Foster Kids with Relatives – “James”; 3) Coming Together to Create the Child Welfare System We All Want; 4) 5 Things You Need to Survive as a Foster Parent; 5) Preparing and Supporting Foster Parents Who Adopt; 6) Disrupting School-Justice Pathways for Youth with Behavioral Health Needs; 7) Understanding Trauma-Informed Care: What Does It Look Like?