1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Independence vs Inter-Dependence – What Should be the Goal?; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Maci Finds Permanency Through DTFA and WWK; 3) Sharon Rozia – Adoptions Lessons Learned; 4) Who Cares: A National Count of Foster Homes and Families; 5) Early Foster Care Intervention Lessens Risk for Psychopathology in Children; 6) A Family Systems Approach to Treating Intergenerational Trauma; 7) Foster Care Alumni of America – Scholarship – 2018
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: NO One Ever Has No One; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Child Welfare Worker Adopts Teen She has been Helping to Find a Family; 3) Addressing Trauma May Be the Key to Helping Foster Youth Succeed in the Workplace; 4) Understanding Trauma: Learning Brain vs Survival Brain; 5) Family First Act Update; 6) Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption – 100 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces; 7) How Direct Work that Empowers Families is Delivering Big Benefits for Social Workers in this Council
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Survival Skills – Thank Goodness our Youth have them!; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: The Program Connecting Foster Kids with Relatives – “James”; 3) Coming Together to Create the Child Welfare System We All Want; 4) 5 Things You Need to Survive as a Foster Parent; 5) Preparing and Supporting Foster Parents Who Adopt; 6) Disrupting School-Justice Pathways for Youth with Behavioral Health Needs; 7) Understanding Trauma-Informed Care: What Does It Look Like?
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Uniqueness of Every Permanency Journey; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: James’ Story; 3) Teaching Traumatized Kids; 4) A Ray of Hope – Older Adults are Stepping Up for Teenagers in Need; 5) What’s Hindering Most Youth in Foster Care from Studying After High School?; 6) In-Spite Of Hard Moments, This Is So Beautiful!; 7) Potential Impact of Research on Adolescent Development on Juvenile Judge Decision‐making
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Permanency for Our Children and Families, Ourselves, and Our Communities; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: From Broken to Unbreakable; 3) Instant Family – Major Motion Picture about Adoption; 4) Why Involving Entire Families in Child Protection Cases Can Improve the Lives of Endangered Children; 5) Adopted Daughter Meets Dad Who Didn’t Even Know She Existed for First Time; 6) Transforming Juvenile Probation – A Vision for Getting it Right; 7) How to Empower Children by Building Their Resiliency Muscle