1) Permanency Tip of the Week: When Change is the Only Constant in Life; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Scarlet’s Happy Ending Needs to be Shared by Others; 3) The Lifelong Effects of Early Childhood Adversity and Toxic Stress; 4) ADOPTED AT 20: PODCAST EPISODE 6 (ICYMI); 5) Pathways Between Early-Life Adversity and Adolescent Self-Harm: The Mediating Role of Inflammation in the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children; 6) The Truth About Suicide and Children in Foster Care; 7) Webinar: Help for Grandfamilies Impacted by Opioids and Other Substance Use
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Permanency/Adoption Readiness – Dealing with the Eeyore Syndrome; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Mom Learns Foster Baby is Her Adopted Son’s Sister, So She Adopts Her as Well; 3) Ten Questions Couples Should Ask Before Becoming Foster Parents; 4) CalYOUTH Brief: No Association between Extended Care & Permanency Decline; 5) How the Opioid Crisis Is Changing the American Family — with Grandparents Raising Grandchildren; 6) The Fear That Your Foster Child Lose All the Progress They’ve Made; 7) What is Trauma-Informed Care?
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: What do I Receive from the Permanency Relationship?; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Fostering Great Ideas: Celeste – A Bright Note!; 3) Collins, Casey Introduce Bipartisan Bill to Support Grandparents Raising Grandchildren as Opioid Epidemic Increases Their Numbers; 4) Foster, Adoptive Parents Find an Oasis in New Online Membership Community; 5) Complex Trauma – Never Give Up: A Video by Youth for Youth; 6) Mental Health Interventions for Children in Foster Care;
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Helping the Youth Develop the Skills to Connect Permanently; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Not Perfect—But Happy; 3) Springfield Farm Goes Viral After Reality Show Comes to Visit; 4) Why Babies in America are Suffering: Opioid Addictions Placing More Babies In Foster Care; 5) Foster Care is Somewhere You’ve Been, Not Something You Are; 6) Embracing a “Youth Welfare” System: A Guide to Capacity Building; 7) A Day in the Life of a Foster Child
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Everything Looks Fine from Here, So What is Their (child/youth) Problem?; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Faith-based Organization Helps Trafficking Survivor Build a New Life; 3) Seven Core Issues of Adoption – Part 1: Loss; 4) What Is Complex Trauma? A Resource Guide for Youth and Those Who Care About Them; 5) Is Time-Out Really the Best Method to Discipline Your Child?; 6) Child Sexual Abuse: When Trust Gets Shattered; 7) The Number of Kids in Foster Care is Growing and Parents’ Drug Abuse is Mainly to Blame