1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Why Do We Force Them to Choose? – Permanency as a Both/And instead of Either/Or; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Single Dad Adopts 11-Year-Old Boy from Foster Care after Biological, Adoptive Family Abandon Him; 3) Shaquille O’Neal on Why Foster Care Is the Great Untold Story; 4) Arkansas Has Been Approved for Family First Act Funding; 5) So, You Just Found Out You Have a Child. Now What?; 6) Dear Foster Parent: Deal With Your Baggage; 7) “Aged Out Youth” Video – Still Longing for Belonging – Still Longing for Belonging.
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: When Are They Going to Act Their Age?; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: 15+ Heartwarming Pictures of Children Who Were Just Adopted; 3) New ASU Online Course Designed to Help Youth in Foster Care Pursue Higher Education; 4) The Mockingbird Family Model; 5) Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption – 13th annual Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces List; 6) Healthy Relationships Matter: Building Resilience in the Face of Traumatic Experiences; 7) 3 Things to do Before Becoming A Foster Parent
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: When Change is the Only Constant in Life; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Scarlet’s Happy Ending Needs to be Shared by Others; 3) The Lifelong Effects of Early Childhood Adversity and Toxic Stress; 4) ADOPTED AT 20: PODCAST EPISODE 6 (ICYMI); 5) Pathways Between Early-Life Adversity and Adolescent Self-Harm: The Mediating Role of Inflammation in the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children; 6) The Truth About Suicide and Children in Foster Care; 7) Webinar: Help for Grandfamilies Impacted by Opioids and Other Substance Use
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Connections, Relationships, Permanency, and THEN Permanent Placement (hopefully) – Part 5 – Permanent Placement; 2) Love Times Six: Meet the Foster Mom Who Adopted a Half-Dozen Sisters; 3) My “Six Pillars” of Trauma-Informed Parenting; 4) Supportive Relationships and Active Skill-Building Strengthen the Foundations of Resilience; 5) I was Born into Foster Care. A Mentor Would Have Made a Big Difference in My Life; 6) California Bill Seeks to Ensure New Rights for LGBTQ Foster Youth; 7) What Adopted Children Deserve: Change a Law that Unnecessarily Keeps Kids From Their Birth Parents and Vice Versa
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Connections, Relationships, Permanency, and THEN Permanent Placement (hopefully) – Part 1 – Proper Sequence; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: A Place to Call Home; 3) Kinnect – Ohio – Video; 4) What Educators Should Know About Adoption – National Adoption Month (2018); 5) National Institute for Permanent Family Connectedness (NIPFC); 6) Young People are Using Musical Theatre to Heal Their Trauma – And It’s Working; 7) Try for a Moment to Put Yourself Into Your Foster Child’s Shoes;