1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Sources of Support #3 – I Am A Trained Professional, I Can Handle This Situation; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Ariana’s Story; 3) Utah First State to Receive Federal Approval of Family First Act Plan; 4) State (Florida) Struggling with High Turnover of Child Protective Investigators; 5) Secondary Traumatic Stress/ Compassion Fatigue: This Is Hard, This Work That We Do, AND We Are Making A Difference – Free Webinar; 6) The Future of (International) Adoption is in a Child’s Own Community; 7) Washington ‘State-raised’ Inmates from Foster Care Urge Better Youth Support;
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Secondary Trauma/Burnout/Compassion Fatigue – #1 – What are These Concepts? 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Four Brothers Get Adopted by Two Families Close to Each Other; 3) Seven Core Issues in Adoption and Permanency: A Comprehensive Guide to Promoting Understanding and Healing in Adoption, Foster Care, Kinship Families and Third Party Reproduction; 4) New Program Helps Foster Kids ‘Launch’ Into Adulthood; 5) Healthy Relationships Between Foster Parents and Biological Parents of the Children in Care; 6) Former Foster Youth, Advocate Shares Why Normalcy is Necessary; 7) Creating Sustainable Career Pathways for Disconnected Youth;
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Reframing Mental Illness Diagnosis through a Trauma and Permanency Informed Lens – Reactive Attachment Disorder; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: From Foster Care to Miss DC: Pageant Winner Inspires Others; 3) More Needed to Help Foster Kids Who Age Out of Care; 4) Report Finds Most Maine Child Welfare Workers Stressed, Overwhelmed; 5) Dear Adoption, I Don’t Want to be Spoken For, I Want to be Listened to; 6) Toxic Stress Is the Hidden Public Health Crisis California’s New Surgeon General Wants to Solve; 7) Juvenile Probation Officers Should Not Be Fixers, But Levers to Resources for Youth
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Survival Skills – Thank Goodness our Youth have them!; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: The Program Connecting Foster Kids with Relatives – “James”; 3) Coming Together to Create the Child Welfare System We All Want; 4) 5 Things You Need to Survive as a Foster Parent; 5) Preparing and Supporting Foster Parents Who Adopt; 6) Disrupting School-Justice Pathways for Youth with Behavioral Health Needs; 7) Understanding Trauma-Informed Care: What Does It Look Like?
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: The Goal of Finding Joy – In Our Youth Finding Permanency; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: From 15 Foster Homes to One Adoptive Family; 3) Infographic Demystifying Foster Care; 4) Talking About Adoption: A Birth Mother’s Perspective; 5) CA Assembly Signals Support for Emergency Hotline for Foster Kids; 6) Know Your Story, Tell Your Story: Build Relationships and Resilience and Begin Healing; 7) Doctors are Burning Out and Trite ‘Wellness’ Measures Aren’t Helping