1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Blending Trauma and Public Health Informed Interventions; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: For a Longtime Host of Wednesday’s Child, a Personal Tie to Adoption; 3)Making an Emergency Plan with Youth in Congregate Care in California: A Toolkit for Dependency Attorneys, Youth Providers, and Advocates; 4) Foster Kids Who Can’t Visit Parents are Struggling Under Coronavirus Isolation, Advocates Say; 5) Coronavirus Leaves Foster Children with Nowhere to Go; 6) Federal Child Welfare – Guidance on COVID-19 Response; 7) Sheltering in Place: ACEs-Informed Tips for Self-Care During a Pandemic;
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: What is Wrong with My Youth? It’s Trauma AND (NOT OR) COVID-19; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Jake’s Dream of a Permanent Home Comes True; 3) Coronavirus and Foster Care: How Foster Families and Child Welfare are Struggling during the Pandemic; 4) Nothing but Bad News in the “Ever in Foster Care” Report; 5) Special message of hope to ECEC sector from Harvard’s Dr Jack Shonkoff; 6) Generations United’s Statement on the President Signing the Older Americans Act Reauthorization into Law; 7) There’s a Big Difference Between Child Poverty and Neglect;
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Serving and Supporting Trauma Survivors During a Crisis; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Something to Celebrate; 3) Office of Child Care COVID-19 Resources (3/13/20); 4) Thinking About Adoption: Lucky Me?; 5) Childhood Maltreatment Initiates a Developmental Cascade that Leads to Relationship Dysfunction in Emerging Adulthood; 6) Partnering with Relatives to Promote Reunification; 7) How to Make an Ecomap;
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Why Do We Force Them to Choose? – Permanency as a Both/And instead of Either/Or; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Single Dad Adopts 11-Year-Old Boy from Foster Care after Biological, Adoptive Family Abandon Him; 3) Shaquille O’Neal on Why Foster Care Is the Great Untold Story; 4) Arkansas Has Been Approved for Family First Act Funding; 5) So, You Just Found Out You Have a Child. Now What?; 6) Dear Foster Parent: Deal With Your Baggage; 7) “Aged Out Youth” Video – Still Longing for Belonging – Still Longing for Belonging.
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: 268. 2/24/20 – Do We Stop Seeking Permanency to Protect the Child from Future Loss? Part 2 of 2; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Teenage Adoption: The Family that Took in a 17-Year-Old Girl; 3) Children in Institutional Care: Delayed Development and Resilience; 4) How TV Reveals Today’s Challenges and Realities of Open Adoption; 5) Placing Foster Children with Relatives May Help Prevent Congregate Care’ 6) Research Roundup: Working with Traumatized Youth; 7) Oregon House OKs Protections for Native Americans in Foster Care