1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Emotional Safety – Part 1 of 4 – What is it and How is it Evaluated?; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: ‘We have a family’: Adoptions Go Virtual During Pandemic; 3) She Escaped Sex Work for College. Now the Virus Threatens Her New Life; 4) From Place to Place Movie; 5) Seven Core Issues in Adoption and Permanency: A Comprehensive Guide to Promoting Understanding and Healing in Adoption, Foster Care, Kinship Families, and Third Party Reproduction; 6) UnSystem Innovation Cohort Decreases Number of Youth in Care by 12% in Year One; 7) For Kids Unsafe at Home, School Closure Increases Risk for Trauma
1) Resiliency with Permanency – The Powerful Combination; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Foster Care Adoption Granted Virtually – “Laila and Aurora Clark, A Forever Family”; 3) FosterStrong Virtual Launch – May 29, 2020 – 11 am EST; 4) What Happens When You Age Out of Foster Care During a Pandemic?; 5) Young People from Foster Care Hit Hard by COVID-19, Lack Resources and Connections to Weather this Storm; 6) Breaking Down the FFPSA – The Future Effect; 7) ‘I Can’t Turn My Brain Off’: PTSD and Burnout Threaten Medical Workers
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: You Cannot Shelter at Home, Without a Home; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Toddler Who Spent 700 Days in Foster Care Gets Adoption Car Parade; 3) But I Adopted My Child at Birth. What do You Mean Trauma?; 4) Together: The Healing Power of Human Connection in a Sometimes Lonely World; 5) Underprepared Staff Are Doing the Most Difficult Work in Child Welfare; 6) National Foster Care Month – May 2020; 7) Girl, 10, Sends Over 1,500 Art Kits to Kids in Homeless Shelters, Foster Care During Coronavirus Shutdown;
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Coming to an Understanding of the Mother-Child Connection; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Couple Finalizes Adoption in Lake County’s (FL) First-Ever Zoom Ceremony; 3) A Mother’s Tribute from a Former Foster Child; 4) Fostering Hope Podcast with Rita Soronen; 5) A Social Prescription: Why Human Connection Is Crucial to Our Health; 6) Dear Adoption, This is My Mother’s Day Poem; 7) Can Early Childhood Environmental Factors Help Predict Child Maltreatment?
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Missing the Human Connection ~ Stay at Home Social Isolation; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Change the Life of a Child. To Brighten Your Day; 3) Proclamation on National Foster Care Month, 2020; 4) National Foster Care Month 2020; 5) A Place to Call Home – The Making of Instant Family – Allison Maxon & Sean Anders from Instant Family; 6) Older Foster Youth Can Feel Unprepared to Navigate Mental Health Care, Study Finds; 7) Expert Warns ‘Child Abuse Pandemic’ is Next