1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Are We Making a Difference?; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Such A Big Relief: Amid Pandemic, Parents Finalize Adoption Virtually via Zoom; 3) Children in Foster Care Among Those at Risk Amid Pandemic; 4) Canadian Public Advisory: Supporting Transition Aged Youth during COVID-19; 5) Coronavirus Precautions for Foster Youth: NPR; 6) COVID-19 and Child Welfare Cases; 7) How Can We Better Engage Fathers in Prevention?
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Leadership in the Permanency Process – Who’s in Charge?; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Teamwork Makes the Dream Work; 3) My Grandmother’s Hands: Racialized Trauma and the Pathway to Mending Our Hearts and Bodies; 4) Finding More African American Families for Children in Care; 5) What Can I Do When My Child Needs Discipline?; 6) State Senator Would Extend California Foster Care Through Age 25; 7) April: National Child Abuse Prevention Month
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Sources of Support #3 – I Am A Trained Professional, I Can Handle This Situation; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: Ariana’s Story; 3) Utah First State to Receive Federal Approval of Family First Act Plan; 4) State (Florida) Struggling with High Turnover of Child Protective Investigators; 5) Secondary Traumatic Stress/ Compassion Fatigue: This Is Hard, This Work That We Do, AND We Are Making A Difference – Free Webinar; 6) The Future of (International) Adoption is in a Child’s Own Community; 7) Washington ‘State-raised’ Inmates from Foster Care Urge Better Youth Support;
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: When Are They Going to Act Their Age?; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: 15+ Heartwarming Pictures of Children Who Were Just Adopted; 3) New ASU Online Course Designed to Help Youth in Foster Care Pursue Higher Education; 4) The Mockingbird Family Model; 5) Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption – 13th annual Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces List; 6) Healthy Relationships Matter: Building Resilience in the Face of Traumatic Experiences; 7) 3 Things to do Before Becoming A Foster Parent
1) Permanency Tip of the Week: Abnormal Behavior ~ Normal Reaction to an Abnormal Reality; 2) Permanency Success Story of the Week: LOVE HAS NO BOUNDARIES; 3) How Opioids and Meth Have Forced Minnesota Counties to Rethink Foster Care; 4) Webinar – Youth Voices: Why Family Matters; 5) Boys Town Inspires Teen to Share Her Voice and Become Foster Care Advocate; 6) Open Adoption in Diverse Families: Complex Relationships in the Digital Age; 7) To Ease Reentry, Help the Hosts Who Offer Couch Hopping